Thursday, July 20, 2006

Downfall Pt 1

Part One

If I were to ask you how you spent your free time, how would you respond? Do you have a hobby? Do you spend your time doing yard work? Do you go fishing or spend your time involved in other sporting events? Maybe you just sit back and watch the television? Or maybe you go online and goof off there.

How many of you would be able to say that you spent even a small amount of time researching information about things that are happening in this country? How many of you take what the news agencies say as fact without verifying the information through other sources? How many of you think the news agencies are telling you everything that is going on that affects your lives? How many of you research what your elected officials are doing?

If I gave you some information about things that might be going on in this country would you read it or just ignore it? If I told you that the United States may cease to exist as we know it, would you pay attention? If I told you that every Senator holding office is doing so illegally would you care? Would you take the time to research it for yourselves or would you say I was a conspiracy nut and blow me off? (That is what seems to be happening to me a lot lately)

It is to those of you who do not pay attention or do not care enough to research issues that I am addressing now. I would like hear your reasons for not taking just a little time to search for the truth. I may be right, I may be wrong, but I take the time to look around for answers. Are you willing to take the chance that I am right and you just sat back and ignored me?

You might tell me that you are just too tired or busy to spend the time researching information like that. Let me tell you about tired and busy. I bust my ass at work every day. I dump fruit for use in a packaging plant or sometimes I unload it from trucks for use later. Usually the weight I deal with daily is between 15-25 tons of fruit. Then I come home and we have a garden with about 250 to 300 roses and other assorted bushes and shrubs that need watering or pruning. I also grow bonsai that need taking care of. Sometimes I cook dinner, wash clothes or clean around the house. I still find time to go online and research, EVERY NIGHT! So what is your excuse again?

I know some of you might be my friends, but your apathy sickens me. Some of you may say you care, you might even send me e-mails about issues that upset you. Why e-mail me? I can't do any more to change things than you can. Why don't you e-mail your elected officials? Or do you even know how to contact them? Why don't you write your local papers? Why don't you spend some time online searching about the activity of your elected officials? Your apathy is part of a cancer that is spreading rapidly through this country, and it will be the downfall of us as a nation if we don't pull our heads out of our asses and wake up to what is going on.

Mad at me yet? Tough, because I am only getting started. Hopefully this series of papers will wake some of you up. I know that to wake every one up is just too much to ask. Some of you will continue to glue your sorry asses to the television every night. TV, the opiate of the thinking impaired, what a waste of time! How can anyone consider shows like Access Hollywood, American Idol, or Desperate Housewives intellectually stimulating? You tell me one show on the television that could possibly be more important than the future of our country and I might forgive you, but since you can’t I have no sympathy. You are part of the problem, and I could care less if I upset you! Daniel Webster once said, "God grants liberty to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it"

So if I have gotten your attention and you want to know more, come back and see what I have to say. If not I would like to leave you with a quote by Samuel Adams.

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen”

I feel as Samuel Adams did when he spoke those words. I may know you, but I do not consider you patriotic Americans if your television, your fishing, your beer, or whatever it is you do with your free time is more important than the future of our country. It is time you research some information that could scare the hell out of you if it is true.

Your call, what’s it going to be? Are you going to take a chance to stop your country from going down the toilet, or are you going to sit back and watch your silly TV. Shows? I know the path I will chose, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home