Thursday, July 20, 2006

Downfall Pt 3

Part 3

Some of you may wonder why I am wasting my time writing these papers. I am writing because I have become frustrated, frightened, and more than just a bit upset with the way things are going in this country of ours. I feel, as Americans, we have lost our direction and sense of purpose and are wandering aimlessly through very dangerous and troubling times.

As a nation, and unfortunately, we always seem to look to our government for solutions to these problems. What we want is a remedy for the symptoms. We do not have the courage to face up to what is the cause of these problems. It is like a medical patient who wants pain killers but does not want to fix the problem. Eventually he becomes addicted to pain pills without ever curing the problem. So, when we turn to the government to solve a problem we become dependant upon them to solve all our problems, like the person in pain becomes addicted to drugs.

So what is the real problem? The problem is us, you and I, the American people, the 'We the people' mentioned in the Constitution. We have become apathetic when it comes to the concerns of our government. We have lost our moral compass and work ethics. We have lost what it means to be patriotic Americans.

You could say you are patriotic, you fly the flag, you sing along with the national anthem at sporting events, you support the president, you vote. Is that what you think it takes to be an American? Do you think that blind obedience to a political party is American? Do you think voting Republican or Democrat without seeing if your candidate has a record of upholding the Constitution is American?
We no longer take our responsibilities as citizens seriously. We have allowed our government to run rampant upon our rights and strip us of our self-reliance as long as they give us a little security. We have welcomed Big Brother into our homes and lives, but that reliance comes with a heavy price. Are you willing to pay it?

Samuel Adams once said,

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"

We are at that point again; we have to decide if we want to be servants or free men. We have to decide whether we want riches or liberty. We ultimately have to decide whether we want to remain a sovereign nation or a part of a larger union of nations stripped of our constitutional rights. Our government has forgotten whom it represents and we have lost the courage to stand up to remind them by being true patriots.

I would like to say I no longer blindly choose to affiliate myself with either of the two primary political parties in this country. Blind faith in either party is one of the reasons we have gotten to where we are now. Both parties have led us down this road to ruin and we have stood back and allowed it to happen. There are a few standouts in both parties who really try to do what is right, but for the most part, they all need to be removed from office and replaced as soon as possible. If I had my way they would be held accountable for their crimes and face jail time for violating their oaths of office.

I used to vote Republican because that is what my parents voted. Then as I grew older, I voted Republican because they were the ‘conservative’ party. Now, after much reading and research, I cannot see much difference between the two parties. They speak from opposite ends of the political spectrum but the end result is the same, more government regulation and interference in our lives. They both offer differing views on how this country should be run, but do things never get any better? Things continue to get worse and I have begun to believe that both parties have the same idea, more government, less liberty for us. I have been accused of being a Libertarian, but that is not the case. I think I am more inclined to be called a Constitutionalist. I favor strict adherence to the Constitution as it was written by our founding fathers. I fully support the ideology of A.C.E., Americans For Constitutional Enforcement. If you want to learn more about them you can go to their webpage here.

I used to keep my opinions to myself. Not any more! Now I am growing more fearful of what is happening and what is going to happen to this country if things do not change, if you do not wake up and hold your elected officials accountable. In short the American public needs to pull their collective heads out of their asses and start paying attention to what is going on. If we don‘t, our way of life as we know it will end.

All I am asking is that you read what I have to say with an open mind. If you cannot do that, then all hope for the future of this country is lost already. You do not have to believe what I have to say, but I do ask you to research it by visiting the numerous webpages I provide. You can read the information for yourselves. Then you can decide if you still want to sit back and watch your country deteriorate even further. The choice will be yours and the blame will be upon your heads, not mine, for I will have warned you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home